Thursday, March 8, 2012

RR 21


RR21: IDENTIFY how you can use these assessment strategies in TPA Tasks.
All three of the suggested assessment strategies could be chosen to use in TPA 3.  The first would be the most difficult because all I could only demonstrate for the students' performance through checklists, but the true demonstration of skills performance is observation and hard to document for the TPA.  The second could be a good assessment tool because if give variety and assesses with multiple intelligence.  As long as it was acceptable to turn in students assessments where each one could possibly be different.  Choosing any one of the assessments that is included with the multiple intelligence choices and focusing on that assessment could also be a good summative documentation.  The third progress assessment suggestion was the one I ended up trying to use in for the TPA.  Unfortunately in my learning experiences as a new teacher I made the assessment too complicated in which students where not accustomed to so much higher level thinking at once.  I feel the handout overwhelmed them a little bit.  Adding higher level thinking questions needs to be added slowly throughout the year, and build up to what I presented them with.  I had my expectations too high and ultimately received bad results because of it.  Students were not able to demonstrate their understanding to me because they did not understand what I wanted from them.  Instead I ended up using a diagnostic assessment that tested what students knew before I began the unit to scaffold from.  I would like to revisit the peer evaluations again with something a little more simple than I can build onto later in the year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment